Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Dairy Free Seafood Quiche (crustless)

Do you ever have brunch with friends? Not at a restaurant, but like at your home where you make some fancy breakfast food, they bring a food, the kids play while you talk over mimosas (or in our case virgin mimosas cause my friend is pregnant)? Do you?

I hadn't, until today! And it was such a lovely time. 


I imagine brunch being something that rich women did when their husbands played golf. They sat around in their pretty tea length dresses, sipping on REAL mimosas, eating things like breakfast cookies, fruit and quiche. While, I'm certain my imagination of such events isn't too far off, I can't help be be pleased that my friend and I didn't stray TOO far from my imaginary experience. :)

We aren't RICH, necessarily, and we definitely didn't have dresses on. We didn't have breakfast cookies or biscuits  But, there was fruit and quiche! :)


Dairy Free Seafood Crustless Quiche
And I made it! A crustless, dairy free, seafood quiche. My original plan was to make a crusted quiche, but I simply just ran out of ambition. :)

I have no idea if a quiche is suppose to look like that. I have seen some incredible fluffy ones. And, perhaps, this one isn't as "fluffy" because it's dairy free. But it was yummy! Even my friend says so! :)

So here's the recipe!

I hope you have many brunch-filled Saturdays in your future! :)


Ingredients:
4 eggs
1.5 cups of dairy free milk
1/2 flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


1 clove of garlic
1/2 yellow onion chopped

1/2 portbello mushroom chopped
1 oz cod chopped
1 oz crab meat chopped
6 21/50 ct shrimp chopped
Olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*

In skillet  heat up olive oil and smash clove of garlic, drop it in the EVOO to just simmer with the garlic until the clove starts to turn brown, pull clove from oil. Place chopped onions in oil, stirring around until transparent; then add mushrooms, and seafood. Sautee the mixture for about 4 minutes until everything is cooked thoroughly. Pour into a large bowl to cool

In a blender, blend eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour over the sauteed mixture and stir together.

Lightly spray grease a pie pan. Pour Quiche batter into pan. Place in oven for 50 minutes. Time might vary if you are baking with a convection. About 4 minutes shy of 50 minutes.

The top will be a golden lightly crisp shell. Toothpick test it. And serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment