Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Facebook Detox Day 5



Funny thing ... I don't have Facebook so my house is actually getting cleaned and I'm actually working and marketing, and ya know .. being a mom!

How weird!!! :)

Until yesterday, I didn't have a clue that my social media usage had such an impact on my life. I didn't realize that I was on it so much. Yesterday, was the first day that I didn't miss it, per say. But out of habit as I was working, I would reach to click over to a different internet tab to check my FB account. Only realize, it wasn't there. Old habits.

I am so loving not having that account. At this point, I am unsure if I will ever reactivate it. My life is so much happier. How is that possible? Only 5 days into this exercise and I'm already happier, less stressed, feelings of hurt aren't being triggered daily, and my brain isn't exhausted with all the unnecessary information I was picking up.

To be honest, I wonder if I worked outside the home if I would have such an attachment to Facebook?!? I know that being home is my "job," but it allows me so much freedom to pretty much do whatever I want, while being at home.

Not using this account has been such an amazing mind clearing and detox practice.

It took nearly 5 days for people to realize I wasn't on facebook, and I am trying REALLY hard to not take offense to that. Because I probably would be about the same time frame if someone I knew was doing the same thing.

That said, why do more people not call or text or e-mail? Why is Facebook the only way many people connect with one another? How did we get to this point in life and culture that our whole being is defined by interacting with one another in a non-personal way?

I miss the days of the telephone. Not the cell phone, though the beginning of the cell phone days weren't too bad either. But you know, the days where we had to pick up a phone for a conversation. Where I would get in trouble for being on the phone for too long with my friends. Or my mom having a conversation with her siblings or friends or mom for an hour. When calling someone across the country was a scheduled event and everyone waited for that call. Personal contact was so personal and important.

How did facebook become the way we define personal contact?

Today is Thursday, April 4, 2013 and I am detoxed from Facebook! I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment