Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Vanilla Bean Cake Review

Vanilla Bean Cake
Photo Courtesy of The Spunky Coconut
  

 Side note: Yes, my cake looked EXACTLY like this!!!

For Easter dinner, I decided to make a grain, dairy, and sugar free dessert. The problem: usually such desserts are disgusting!!!! No joke, DISGUSTING.

So I searched and searched. Found a recipe called Vanilla Bean Cake posted by the author of The Spunky Coconut.


It was DELICIOUS!!! Five Star rating from even the most difficult of critics (i.e. my husband)

This recipe called for things you wouldn't normally consider put in a cake. White beans. Who puts BEANS in a cake and then call it a DESSERT!?!?! Not me.

But I gave it a whirl. I had not ever cooked with a springform pan before, so I was a little worried. And my guinea pig dinner guests had NO IDEA that this was my first time making this cake. Let alone, they didn't know it was made with beans, eggs, stevia drops, honey, vanilla extract, coconut oil, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and some salt. Seriously! 

It was the most moist cake I have ever made. The texture was somewhere between puffy cake and cheesecake. My friend who doesn't even like cake or frosting, devoured two slices. And why not!?!? It's loaded with healthy proteins and has no sugar. The fats all come from the coconut, which is a healthy fat. And the flavor was nothing to be forgotten.

One would NEVER know it was made from white beans if one didn't know. I will definitely be making this recipe again. Cupcakes, yes, cupcakes!

I really suggest you make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment